We do not recommend that students bring cellphones to school. Cellphones are not necessary to have during the day. However, we understand that some parents like their children to have a phone to communicate with them after school. Parents must complete the form below to request permission. Once permission is granted you will receive an email.
If a student does bring a phone to school, the following guidelines apply:
- The phone must be turned off between 8.55 am and 3.00 pm.
- The school does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, or stolen phones.
- The phone must have the family zone app installed.
- If a staff member observes a student with a cellphone during school time, the student must hand it to the staff member immediately when asked. The phone will be kept in the office and can be collected by the student at the end of the day.
If a parent needs to contact their child urgently during the day, they should call the office.
Inappropriate cellphone use
If a student is observed using a phone inappropriately, it will be confiscated and a parent must pick up the phone from the office. If possible, students should lock their phone before handing it to staff.
Inappropriate use of a cellphone may include:
- any sort of bullying, e.g. disrespectful messages about staff or other students
- taking photos or videos of other people without their permission
- forwarding inappropriate messages or content.