We do not recommend that students bring mobile phones and smart watches to school. These devices are not necessary to have during the day. However, we understand that some parents like their children to have a device to communicate with them after school. Parents must complete the form below to request permission for your child to bring one of these devices to school. Once permission is granted you will receive an email.
If a student does bring a mobile phone or smart watch to school, the following guidelines apply:
- The device must be turned off between 8.55 am and 3.00 pm.
- Mobile phones should be kept in the child’s school bag during school hours.
- The school does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, or stolen devices.
- The phone must have the family zone app installed. (This is parent monitored)
- If a staff member observes a student with a mobile phone or using a smart watch during school time, the student must hand it to the staff member immediately when asked. The device will be kept in the office and can be collected by the student at the end of the day.
If a parent needs to contact their child urgently during the day, they should call the office.
Inappropriate mobile phone or smart watch use
If a student is observed using a mobile phone or smart watch inappropriately, it will be confiscated and a parent must pick up the device from the office.
Inappropriate use of a mobile phone or smart watch may include:
- any sort of bullying, e.g. disrespectful messages about staff or other students
- taking photos or videos of other people without their permission
- forwarding inappropriate messages or content.