Kohimarama School runs a number of Walking School Buses (WSBs) which provide a safe and fun way for children to walk to school.
There are currently 6 routes. Each WSB runs every school morning from its designated meet point to the school. If none of these routes is suitable but you are still keen to be part of the WSB program, use the form below to contact the WSB Coordinator.
|Yellow||Cnr Nihill Cres and Comins Cres||8:15am||Selwyn Ave|
|Green||Cnr Baddeley Rd and Melanesia Rd||8:20am||Siota Cres|
|Red||Cnr Godden Cres and Dudley Rd||8:20am||Bongard Rd|
|Blue||Cnr Hawera Rd and Geraldine Pl||8:20am|
|Orange||Cnr Nihill and Patteson||8:20am||Cullwick Rd|
|Purple||88 Kohimarama Rd||8:20am|
- Each WSB has its own Route Co-ordinator. If you are interested in joining a route, please email Angela Bray and she will forward your details onto the right person.
- Each WSB has a roster of parent ‘Drivers’ who are responsible for supervising the children on their walk to school. When your child joins a WSB you will need to be available at least one morning per week to walk with the bus. Your WSB Co-ordinator will provide you with further information about your role as a Driver.
- When a child joins a WSB, they will be given a bus ticket to record trips on and once completed, can be shown to your child’s teacher who will award the house points. Once a term, WSB members are treated to a special treat, such as ice-block afternoon teas or a pizza lunch.
- WSB’s run rain or shine unless you are notified by the Route Co-ordinator. Any decision to cancel the bus will be made before 8am and a text or email sent to parents.
- If a child is not at the meeting point at the appointed time the bus will go. It is the parents responsibility to get children to the meeting point on time and to school if the bus has already left.
- Parents should speak to their own children about road safety before permitting them to join the WSB. Children must behave sensibly and obey any instructions given by the Driver. Any child who misbehaves will not be allowed to use the bus. Your Route Co-ordinator can provide you with further information if required.
- Parents must complete a consent form before a child is allow to travel on the WSB. This form includes emergency contact details and must be returned to the school office before your child can be issued with a WSB ticket.