For the purpose of avoiding overcrowding at Kohimarama School, the school has an enrolment scheme.
The 2022 Kohimarama School Out of Zone ballot for 2023 is now closed.
This scheme applies to children who:
- are New Zealand citizens
- have New Zealand residency
- have a parent who is in New Zealand with a current work permit, and who has obtained a student permit
Home Zone Enrolments
All students who live within the home zone as shown on the list of roads included in the Kohimarama School Zone are entitled to enrol at the school.
Each year, applications for enrolment for the following year from in-zone students, will be sought by October. This will enable the Board to assess the number of places that can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the Board will determine the number of places that are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for Out of Zone Enrolments will be processed in the following order:
- First Priority – (This priority category is not applicable at Kohimarama School because this school does not run a special programme).
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of former students.
- Fifth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees.
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other Students.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G (1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
For more information about enrolment and school zones can be found at the Ministry of Education School Zones website (nzschools.tki.org.nz).