Dear Parents and Caregivers
As I mentioned in a previous update the Ministry of Education has restarted the TVNZ and Maori TV learning channels.
Please see the live and on-demand television content below:
Mauri Reo, Mauri Ora
- In partnership with Māori Television, they have now launched the Mauri Reo, Mauri Ora Kōanga 2021 series to ensure Māori language learning can continue anywhere, anytime for tamariki during and after Alert Level 4.
- The channel is full of new and engaging content, while also taking the chance to revisit some of the more popular lessons of the show enjoyed by tamariki in the comfort and safety of their bubbles.
- Every episode is presented by Māori language teachers and exponents with support from expert educationalists. Tamariki are encouraged through play, art, song and imagination to continue learning whether they are in a classroom, at home or in isolation.
- Mauri Reo, Mauri Ora Kōanga 2021 screens on Te Reo channel every weekday from 9am to 12pm beginning today. Programmes will also be available online on the Māori TV website and on the Māori+ app.
Home Learning | Papa Kainga TV
- Home Learning | Papa Kāinga TV is back online and on television weekdays between 9am–1pm.
- Home Learning | Papa Kainga TV is primarily for learners without internet connectivity. It can be accessed on Duke+1 (Freeview channel 18). Those households who have Sky can also access Duke +1 on channel 504.
- For households who have internet connectivity they can access the lessons through TVNZ On Demand. Schedules are published on Learning from Home.
- Households may also need a reminder of how to enable captions – information can be found here.
This material can supplement the school distance learning currently underway.