Dear Parents and Caregivers
The COVID-19 situation moved quickly this afternoon.
There are two types of STEAM fair projects y
This evening the Prime Minister announced that we are moving to Alert Level 4 at 11.59pm tonight. Auckland will remain at this level for 7 days.
What does this mean for Kohimarama School and your children?
● The school is closed to all students and staff while we are in Alert Level 4.
● The school grounds are closed.
● ETap communications will be the main form of communication from the school.
Please see www.covid19.govt.nz , local and national news media for full details of what Alert Level 4 means and all updates for the community as a whole.
Supporting learning at home
Tomorrow morning we will send you a letter regarding online learning. This will come via ETap. In essence;
● Teachers will be communicating with students each day via Google meet.
○ Information regarding times will come home in the letter tomorrow morning.
○ Tomorrow we will start this at 10.30am to allow staff to complete preparation for online learning
● SchoolTalk, our online learning system, will be our main form of communication during this Lockdown
Along with the work provided by the school, we encourage families to implement processes that support learning from home eg. fun with art, physical movement, reading etc. Each family is different so you will manage the lockdown based on your individual circumstances.
At times like this our Kohimarama Way and especially our values of honesty, respect, friendliness, commitment, compassion and reliability come to the fore as we support each other and those across our community as a whole.