22 February 2021
The Prime Minister announced today that Auckland was moving to Alert Level 1 effective
Tuesday 23 February
The key principles of Alert Level 1 are:
- If you or your child are sick, you should stay home (phone Healthline or your GP and get tested if you have cold or flu symptoms).
- Continue to regularly wash with soap and dry hands, sneeze and cough into elbows.
- Regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- Support contact tracing efforts by using the QR Code for the NZ COVID Tracer App. (see item below for more information).
- Maintain stringent self-isolation of those who display relevant symptoms of COVID-19,test positive for COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, or have been overseas in the last 14 days – Ministry of Health information for self-isolation.
At school we will be maintaining the high levels of hygiene practices and cleaning that have been in use throughout the Alert Levels.
- Sanitising hands when entering and exiting the classrooms
- Hand washing often
- Correct cough etiquette
- Cleaning of surfaces including desks, chairs and shared equipment each day
- The drinking fountains will continue to be closed at this stage so bring your own drink bottles to school.
The school will operate without restriction. However, everyone entering the site is to continue to sign in using the NZ COVID Tracer App. This QR Code is available at school entry points. All school access points are available for use including Geraldine Place entry.
School hours return to usual, 8.55am – 3pm. We would encourage you to maintain entry to the school knowing that the classrooms are accessible from 8.30am onward. There is no organised supervision of children prior to this time. The normal day programme including break times will be instigated for the whole school to take breaks together.
The following will be able to take place; school assemblies, PTA Sushi, ice blocks and bands (starting Wednesday 24th) etc.
Thank you for your support as we have moved through the different Alert Levels. We look forward to moving into Alert Level 1 and our new normal.