8 June 2020
The Prime Minister today has announced that New Zealand will move to Alert Level 1 effective at midnight tonight.
The school will move from Alert Level 2 to Alert Level 1 effective Tuesday 9th June.
The key principles of Alert Level 1 are to follow the Golden Rules:
- If people are sick, they should stay home (phone Healthline or their GP and get tested if they have cold or flu symptoms).
- Continue to regularly wash and dry hands, sneeze and cough into elbows.
- Soap, water and the ability to dry hands should be provided in bathrooms.
- Regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- Support contact tracing efforts by displaying QR Code posters for the NZ COVID Tracer App (see item below for more information).
- Stringent self-isolation of those who display relevant symptoms of COVID-19, test positive for COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, or have been overseas in the last 14 days – Ministry of Health information for self-isolation.
At school we will be maintaining the high levels of hygiene practices and cleaning that have been in use throughout the Alert Levels.
- Sanitising hands when entering and exiting the classrooms
- Hand washing often
- Correct cough etiquette
- Cleaning of surfaces including desks, chairs and equipment each day
- The drinking fountains will continue to be closed at this stage so bring your own drink bottles to school.
The school will operate without restriction, therefore we will no longer need to maintain a contact tracing register. However, everyone entering the site is encouraged to sign in when on site using the NZ COVID Tracer App. This QR Code will be available at school entry points as soon as practicable. All school access points are available for use including Geraldine Place entry.
School hours return to usual, 8.55am – 3pm. As is normal access to classrooms is from 8.30am as there is no supervision of children prior to this time. The normal day programme including break times will be instigated for the whole school to take breaks together.
Further information regarding sports practices, whole school assemblies, PTA Sushi, ice blocks etc will follow accordingly.
Thank you for your support as we have moved through the different Alert Levels. We look forward to moving forward together into Alert Level 1 and our new normal.